LIFE IS NOT A REHEARSAL, MAKE THE MOST OF IT!
SLO County has plenty of sunshine, great schools, outdoor activities, a vibrant cultural scene, clean air, low crime, no traffic and short commutes. These are a few reasons why San Luis Obispo is named one of the the happiest places in the nation.
San Luis Obispo County By the numbers
The San Luis Obispo County region has a Mediterranean climate with a strong maritime influence, warm dry summers, and mild wet winters. This rare distinction is shared by approximately two percent of the world. By the numbers, the quality of life is second to none. Here are a few numbers that show how life can be better when you go SLO.
- Approximately 20 minute average countywide commute time
- Top 5 happiest cities in the U.S. – National Geographic
- 100 more days per year of sunshine than the average US City
- Centrally located ½ way between San Francisco and Los Angeles
BEST WELL BEING
- Top 10 US Cities for Overall Well Being
OVERALL A RATING
- A rating for public schools, family friendly, outdoor activities, nightlife, weather, health, and commute times
- Cal Poly as top public masters-level university in California
BEST WINE COUNTRY
- Named “Best wine country town” by Sunset Magazine with over 200 Tasting Rooms